Saturday, November 4, 2017

Changing Season

Yes it is fall, but I am also referring to the fact that the old house is now sold.

We are still adjusting to the new location but the next big change will be when I retire.  I am hopeful that will happen soon.  The commute to work is a tough one.  I actually go into work really early in the morning so it is the commute home that is killer.  I have noticed that I grind my teeth when I am stuck in traffic.  I need to retire before I break my crowns.

Plus, I have a lot of fabric to sew.

Speaking of sewing, I have been doing a little of that lately.

At the end of August I was invited to a 1st birthday party for a co-workers daughter.  In their culture the 1st birthday party is very important.  They had a huge party.  The day I got the invitation I began a quilt.  The first time I presented a co-worker with a quilt they did not even know that it was.


It is from 'The Big Book of Strip Quilts' from that Patchwork Place.  The quilt is called Flowers for Nana Girl.  I choose that pattern because I had pink and yellow 2 1/2 strips from a strip exchange from many years ago.  More years than I can even remember.  I only used a small portion of the strips.


After I completed that quilt I wanted to immediately cut out a new quilt.  I resisted and instead picked up a UFO.  Several months ago I had started a flannel quilt to give to one of my daughters.  As I was sewing two of the rows together I had flipped several of the blocks.  When I discovered it instead of ripping them out and fixing it.  I stuck it on a shelf.  I took the time to rip the rows and fix them then get the quilt top sewn together.  I have not taken a picture of this yet.

Since my daughter had quilted a couple of my quilt tops I have been working on binding most recently.  Right now I have a stack of quilts that need the binding sewn on.  Winter is coming I have plenty of quilt to sit under and stitch.

I also need to work more on the house blocks.   It has also become a UFO for lack of me working on it.

When we moved I had a quilt top together except for the boarders. I am still looking for it.  I had another top together that my daughter was going to quilt but said I needed to move a block because she knew I had given it a turn and had to much of one color in one area.  Can't find that one either. I keep looking.  Much of my fabric is still in bins.  I am hoping that I put the tops in one of them.  Now that we are no longer spending time on the old house and I am about to retire I am hopeful that I can finish unpacking the fabric.   I have to admit that I need to purge fabric but it is really hard.

2 comments:

  1. I made a Flowers for Nana Girl quilt a number of years ago, in yellow fabrics, for a co-worker. Great pattern. Your quilt is lovely in pinks. Hope you find your missing UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them! I had put them in a safe place when we were unpacking. My daughter came over and helped me look for them. I had already looked in all the logical places so she started looking where I illogical places. Unfortunately ever since we moved I have been looking for everything. I spend half my crafting time on looking for items.

      Delete