I did finish the stamp quilt to the flimsy stage. I have the backing cut and together.
Not good light. If I don't have anyone around to hold it up outside I have to take it in the house and the light is just not good.
I began and finished another quilt - Disappearing 4 patch made from Kate Spain's Cuzco. I had the fabric since last spring and had been wanting to cut into it for awhile. I just realized that I only took photos with my phone so I will have get them from there.
Here is what the block looks like after it has been cut apart and re-sewn. It goes together quickly but I after you cut them you have to be careful to get them sewn together correctly. I was so afraid of messing up the piece that I would cut one block and then sew it together before I would cut another one. No chain piecing with that.
It was to big for the design wall. So the floor had to do.
I did this at my daughters and we had plenty of help. Kids running across it and the dog coming thru.
I have now the rows sewn together and the boarders on.
The outer boarder has piano keys. I think they turned out pretty darned good. So another one to the flimsy stage. I also have the backing made for this one.
I also finished a quilt that had been a block of the month thru one of the local quilt shops. Again to the flimsy stage. I still need to get the back from the shop.
Hmm...those steps are looking very much in need of paint. Not going to happen this year the rains have already started.
I almost forgot. I also made a table runner. I just needed something that I could make quickly.
This picture is before I got the binding on it. This was a quilt as you go.
I have gone a little crazy lately with my fabric buying......boy is that an understatement. I have enough new fabric for at least 10 more quilts. Oh dear. All those new fabrics coming out and the older fabrics going on sale. And I do so love a sale.
What I did this weekend. Beside going to a Craft Store Christmas Open house and the birthday party for the 8 years old grandson - was work on adding names to some Christmas Stockings. Over the years, I have given Stockings to all the grand kids. Usually by their first Christmas. Last year I got a big fancy embroidery sewing machine. So this year my daughter-in-law ask me to add names to the stockings. She is not a seamstress and had not a clue as to what it would take to go back and add them but I said I would do it so now I am on a time schedule. I am sure she will want them soon after Thanksgiving and I have procrastinated awhile about starting them. I hate to rip. That said I got started this week end and managed to get three of them done.
I think they came out pretty good.
One of the three remaining is on a fabric that I will most likely not be able to baste into the hoop. I will have to attach it to the stabilizer with a spray adhesive, hope it does not move.
Most of the name are five to six letters, except my son, he has eight, that I am going to have to figure out if it will fit with the same font size.
I have used the embroidery part of my sewing machine for designs that I have imported this is the first time I have branched out and done something that was not preloaded.