My second goal for August was to get the Stars and Strips quilts quilted and bound. Both are quilted and one is bound. My daughter is on a road trip this weekend and is binding the other one on her trip.
The last goal I had was to also work on the Bee-utiful embroidery block. I got the next block completed. This one was actually suppose to be done in July but after I re-injured my shoulder in did not happen.
Well that was frustrating. I had downloaded several and then for some unknown reason the blue tooth turned off. Technology it was suppose to make out live easier.
This is one I almost forgot about. My grandson asked be to put together some blocks for the mother of a friend that started Chemo. All the kids on the Water Polo team had signed blocks. I added sashing from my stash and got it quilted. I got the blocks last Friday and delivered it in time for the game on Tuesday. She was thrilled with the thoughtfulness of the kids to try and encourage her and stay strong in her battle with cancer.
I am feeling pretty good about what I got done. I am actually hopeful that once the grandkids are back in school that I will be able to pick up my sewing some more. I have some Christmas presents that I need to start on. Since I have already completed the number for the month of September, I either have to select a new item of complete a Christmas present. That is the way that I am leaning at the moment.