Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Not all UFO's are quilt related

July was a super busy month. 

My first UFO of the month was not even quilt related.  Last year I talked my daughter into buying glass tile to add to her kitchen back splash.  It was time for that to happen.  I enlisted the help of my friends to help me.  They had all the tools.  We started on the second of July.  My friends husband had a wet saw and cut all the tile while my friend and I put it up.  It took a good portion of the day to get it cut and on the wall.


The next day we added grout.  It did turn out beautiful.  I am glad we did it but I hurt for days.  I arm was killing me for the next several days.


When I started to feel better I added a boarder to a quilt I did not get finished in June.

This is the 4 patch lattice quilt from Missouri Star quilting.  The tutorial is a few years old as is the fabric, which is Be Creative from Moda.


Then it was time to start working on my UFO for July.  That was the Be My Neighbor quilt.  I had a little over half of the block done.  I started this last year with a quilt store but I was unable to attend all the sessions because of house commitments or needing to take grandkids to soccer.  I did not follow the assembly instructions that I found for this on the internet.  The quilt would have been long and narrow so I added some sashing between the house blocks to make it a little wider.  I also added a colored outside boarder.  I had to get a little help from my daughter on that.  I re-injured my shoulder last week and she needed to cut the fabric for me.  The fabric for this is all from Moda.  It includes Sundrop, Sommerset and Chestnut Street.  It is being held up by two of my grandsons standing on chairs. 



All in all it was a fairly productive month.  Last month as my son was helping my husband with a project I had two of his sons make pillow cases.  The boys are wanting to learn to sew.



And since it is summer here are a couple of pictures from my yard.  The first is a star gazer lily that we planted late last year.  The second is a plant we actually moved from the old house.  It is a upright fuchia that originally came from my inlaw's house many years ago.   When the bed at the old house were being dug up for some foundation work that had to be done me moved the plant to the new house otherwise it would had died before the work was done.  It did not do well last year since it was moved at a bad time.  This year it is doing great.


This went on this month also.  My husband hated these trees.  They were extremely messy.  He was alway racking up needles.  This month they were removed.  I miss the shade but not the work.  Who knew evergreens shed so much?

1 comment: