Monday, April 27, 2015

Work gets in the way

I work in IT as a Quality Assurance Software Engineer and this month we had a major release.  I put in many long hours doing the month getting the testing completed for the release and then supporting the go live. I lead of team of 18 and we were stretched to the limit to get it all tested, even with the automated test suite that has been written.

Needless to say - had lofty goals that did not come to fruition.

The UFO for this month from 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks was #9.  My number 9 was to get all the blocks completed for the block of the month from 2012 from The Fat Quarter Shop.  I did not get them made into a quilt but today I did get the last block made and that was my goal for the month.  Since I bought this BOM late I did not get a finishing kit only the blocks so I am going to have to come up with a plan for the assembly now that I have them together.

I have loved the Vintage Modern fabric since the first time I saw it so I am happy to finally have these together.  I do have some other fabrics that I am going to audition to use for the finish.



I was disappointing that I did not get the binding sewn down on the quilt from last month but any progress is better than no progress.

It is almost the beginning of a new month and time to set new goals.  Maybe May will be better, June is not looking so good for getting much sewing done.


No comments:

Post a Comment