I work in IT as a Quality Assurance Software Engineer and this month we had a major release. I put in many long hours doing the month getting the testing completed for the release and then supporting the go live. I lead of team of 18 and we were stretched to the limit to get it all tested, even with the automated test suite that has been written.
Needless to say - had lofty goals that did not come to fruition.
The UFO for this month from 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks was #9. My number 9 was to get all the blocks completed for the block of the month from 2012 from The Fat Quarter Shop. I did not get them made into a quilt but today I did get the last block made and that was my goal for the month. Since I bought this BOM late I did not get a finishing kit only the blocks so I am going to have to come up with a plan for the assembly now that I have them together.
I have loved the Vintage Modern fabric since the first time I saw it so I am happy to finally have these together. I do have some other fabrics that I am going to audition to use for the finish.
I was disappointing that I did not get the binding sewn down on the quilt from last month but any progress is better than no progress.
It is almost the beginning of a new month and time to set new goals. Maybe May will be better, June is not looking so good for getting much sewing done.