Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Past Quilts

Since I want to use this blog to record the quilts that I have made I am going to add a few old ones that I have given in previous years.

I have grandsons that love construction equipment.  So much so that for the last three years these boys have attended a local event called Dozer Days in which they can actual sit in and 'operate' big equipment.   If they go this year it will be four years in a row.  My daughters think that the interest is waning, I am not so sure.



This is the quilt that I made for each of the cousins.


That same year I also made a quilt for a grandson who is just a little older that was not interested in construction equipment.  For him I made an eye spy quilt, of sorts.  Not the traditional and because his mom really likes modern quilts I used gray as the sashing.

All three boys received there quilts for Christmas 2012.

That same year I gave my daughter in law a flannel Christmas quilt.


This was actually my first foray into flannel and I was worried about the fabric stretching but had no problems.  I do plan to eventually make a flannel quilt for myself.  I have a lot of quilts that I want to make.  And many already started, which is way I am currently working on UFO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment