Monday, January 27, 2014

January finishes

I am going to go ahead and post this today because it is doubtful that I will get another on finished by the 31st.  If I do it would be great but I am swamped at work with several huge projects with deadlines fast approaching.  I will be working extra.

My goal for this month was to finish three quilt tops.  Last weekend I was out of town.  I thought I would get to sew on MLK day but I ended up working the holiday.   I did get 2/3's of the way there this weekend.  I finished two quilt tops.  I never did get the third one laid out.  Instead I dug out a different UFO and sewed the strips together now I will need to cut them and make the blocks.  I was sewing, just not on what I planned to work on.  It was sunny on Sunday so I drove the quilt tops over to my daughter house so I could have her hold them up outside.  The pictures are not the best because not only was it sunny it was windy so I was facing into the sun to get the shoot.  Otherwise the wind was wrapping the quilt around my daughter.


I also sewed the back for the Daliha Quilt.  The other one will have minky on the back so I made the front to fit the minky.

I then made the back for one of my daughters quilts.  She has been trying to figure out the piecing for several months now.  I gave her a piece of fabric from my stash that was for the same line.  She had found a good size end of bolt some where a while back that just need a little more fabric sewn on one end to make it long enough for another strip.  But the quilt is big and was going to need a third strip.  She has a bunch of fat quarters so I was going to use those.  Then we found that she had 6 half yard pieces.  I ended up using those instead.  The quilt top was started last May when her husband's aunt invited her to a quilt retreat. She got all the blocks made while she was there and finished it up last May or June.  Now the back is done.  Before she will be able to quilt it she has to finish up a quilt she is doing for a charity raffle and mine.  I am holding on to her back until it is done.

Now just because I really don't have enough to do i have decided to participate in the Quilty Stitches sampler with Little Miss Shabby http://www.littlemissshabby.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment