Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finishing projects

I wish that I could say that I had really finished a project today, however what I really did today was baby sit for my daughter so the she could sew together a quilt top.  She took a class today from Violet Craft at Quilter's Delight. She complete Violet's new herringing bone pattern quilt.  The pattern just came out at quilt market.  My daughters quilt is beautiful! You can see it on Violets instagram site. If I knew how to link it I would however I am not a follower.  Guess I better figure out how to do that.

Well after much procrastination I finally sync'd my phone so I could add a photo of my daughters quilt top.  She has since quilted it.

I did get a chance to sew for a bit before the grandchildren arrived this morning.  But once both sets got here sewing was out of the question.  I had a scare that I had messed up my machine when I broke a needle.  I never did find a portion of the needle.  When I attempted to continue sewing the machine sounded funny.  Luckily I discovered that I had not rethreaded the bobbin.  Whee that was close.  I love my little machine.  I find that even though I bought a new big embroidery machine I go back to my old machine for sewing.

I have been watching some Craftsy classes and working on a quilt from the class.  I have made some progress but since I also signed up for two - yes two blocks of the month I have been busy working on one of them a lot.

Well lets see if I can save this thing...and publish it...

1 comment: