Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Hurrier I Go

I completed the top for this months UFO just under the wire today.  It is not perfect.  I took a lot of short cuts to get it done and some were not very successful.  My quilter is not going to like my boarders.

This was the Patchwork QAL from the Fat Quarter Shop last year.  Because of the move and working on getting to house sold I got behind and never caught up.  I feel lucky that I had gotten all the patterns for it.

This is it yesterday afternoon.



This is it this evening.  However today I had to do some ripping.  I had not pinned...another short cut, when joining the rows and the sashings had not lined up.  The hurrier I go the behinder I get.


The reason I was so far behind is that I finished sewing the quilt for the family that lost their quilter in April.  Here it is finished.  My daughter and I had to make quite a few design decisions to get this together.  She had only completed the first row.  She also had 5 other stratum sewn together.  We sewed the others and hoped we choose the fabric correctly.  We attempted to follow her inspiration photos.  The granddaughter graduates next Wednesday.  We will be giving it to her Grandfather to present to her.  I really hope that she likes what we did.  We tried to follow the pattern and statements of what she had said she was making.


I love the way my daughter quilted it.  I hope you can see the wavy line quilting.



Just because I had this sitting around and needed something quick one day while I waited for my daughter to show up so we could discuss the above quilt, I made this little baby quilt.

I also completed one more block for the Be My Neighbor quilt.




4 comments:

  1. Wow...you are a sewing superstar! We have been having a plumber finish out some overdue projects in our unfinished basement, which stopped all my sewing mojo. You are very sweet to finish our another's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the project gets done soon. Remodeling and home repairs are the worst. They just seem to drain your energy.

      Delete
  2. Your reason for being behind is far better than needed and how wonderful of you and your daughter to step in and help. The graduation quilt is wonderful and I can't imagine anyone not loving it, even if it's not exactly what was planned originally. The UFO quilt is very pretty, but I do see the "friendly" borders. If your quilter knows the trouble ahead, I'm sure they'll be able to either work with it or tell you it's beyond their abilities. So many pretty projects you've shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. When we started working on the graduation quilt I was worried but I think it turned out well. My quilter also happens to be my daughter so I know how good she is and will be able to work in the flare.

    ReplyDelete