Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Making progress

Even though February is a short month I have been making a lot of sewing progress.

Yesterday I was able to complete the little wall hanging that I started last week.  This top was a reward to myself for completing my February UFO. 




This quilt top was a free pattern from last year for Five Fat Quarter Fun called Chains of Love by Amanda of Jedi Craft Girl and Amber of Gigi's Thimble.  Here is a link to the pattern Chains of Love

I used red and pink from Mama's Cottage and the back ground is the little hearts from The Good Life collection.   And yes, they are directional and I made sure that they all went the same direction.

It went together very quickly.  I realized when I was making this that it is the first heart quilt of any kind I have made.  I am not sure why that is since I have collected heart patterns for a while.  I will now have to make more.

In addition to making the little quilt I also completed making a back for the Reflections quilt and I also made a back for another quilt which was another one on my list for the year.  That means I have completed two UFO's for the month of February. 

Today I actually pulled out another one to begin working on.  It has been sitting in my sewing room partially finished for at least 5 years.  It is a Christmas quilt.  I am hopeful that I will also get that one completed this month also.  I had put 12 projects on my list to work on this year I will have to figure out what other partially finished projects I have to add to the list.  

I have also been binding a quilt for my youngest daughter.  I made the top for her a couple of years ago but it just got quilted last month. 

I have at least 8 quilts in the binding pile.  I am hoping to get them all bound this year.  With the Olympics going on I have been doing more television watching and only have one side left on the current quilt it should be done by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment